17.1.08

Conversation Hearts

Well, it is back to school for me. New classes, new assignments. Our first assignment for Chuck's Advertising Photography class was to shoot dessert. I shot it once before this shot, and used a fruit tart, but it did not come out how I wanted, so this is a second attempt. I struggle with what to shoot. I feel like I spend so much time thinking of a good setup and composition, that I am not able to spend the time on lighting as I would like. I miss the perks of having a stylist! I shot it using the Phase One digital back on a Hasselblad. I wanted the shot to be more of a close-up on the candy, but I ran into the problem of not having the right lens.

3 comments:

Tara Joyce said...

I dont care if you don't like it, I LOVE IT! The lighting is awesome and the careful placement of each heart looks really good! Nice work like always!

Dave said...

This is great. Nice dof and placement. I'd just have the sweetheart boxes right side up. Awesome work as usual Christy!

Paige said...

I think this is a very fun shoot. The repetition of the hearts and variety of colors makes it give a strong theme. Looks great.