2.2.08

The Outdoor Enthusiast









Here are some of the shots I had to do for our joint project with the Graphic Design Students. My partner, Will, wanted to do advertising for R.E.I. gift cards. The campaign is Outdoor Enthusiast. We wanted to show different aspects of what REI sells. Pet gear is one thing that a lot of people may not be aware of REI selling. I like doing shots of pets, so I was excited about that part. I am still in the process of editing these shots, it was hard to do location shots in the middle of the winter where the weather isn't so great! I shot with my Canon 30d, using both the 17-40mm lens, and the 24-105 mm lens. Thank you Jackie for bringing pixel to Deep River to be the star of the show!

5 comments:

Jackie Willis said...

I have to comment on the precious puppy in the canoe - I LOVE IT - bet she could sell a bunch little boats.

Carolyn de Berry Photography said...

I know I've said it already, but these are really, really good Christy! That bike shot is especially great. I'm really impressed you were able to do all of these with all the insanity surrounding the project. Please stop now!

Tara Joyce said...

You have done an amazing job with this project. Everything I have seen looks awesome, except the canoe it should have been orange, lol!

jenn laughlin said...

Christy.
My fav shot out of this series(besides lil Pixel) is the bicycle wheel.Great job.Nice composition.It is a really clean, great shot.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was just flicking through your blog and saw one which I thought was especially well done, the one with the tent in the street, my only question is that obviously in the 1st attempt your white balance was off however it was more accurate in the 2nd one. Did you use gels in the second one or is is just some photoshop trickery?