16.11.07

Leigh





This may be the start of a series I try and do of laughing people who seem to be enjoying themselves.  This was also the very first photo I have done with lighting/etc since being on internship that is my photo.  Ashley helped me to accomplish the lighting style I liked, and Leigh was kind enough to model for me.  It was shot using a Canon Mark 2.  Thank you again to Ashley, who taught me some of the ways to make the photo pop more in photoshop.  It took around 4 times redoing the retouching before I was able to make it look like this, and I am excited for everyone to see it!  

6 comments:

Evan Wilson said...

Heya! This is probably my favorite portrait of yours... out of the ones that I have seen!

I'm curious about the lighting, I'm wondering if you could help... Is it two slaves fired from opposite sides with a ring light mounted to the camera?

I love the lighting, and I am starting to disect some images, hoping you can help us DIY'ers out. :)

Also, I'm assuming you mean the 1D MKII(n)? How do you find it compared to your 30D?

Thanks Christy! Keep posting! :)

Evan Wilson said...

Hmmm... I've just seen that there's in fact a setup shot! Any chance you could link it to a big version?

Cheers!

lwelch.photo said...

Awesome lighting, I like the detail you captured in his face. Nice job!

Jessey Dearing said...

great lighting and nice concept, how do you get them to laugh though? looks very professional. are you doing anything for thanksgiving?

Carolyn de Berry Photography said...

Christy this is great! That would be a wonderful series for you to do because you always put your sitters at ease right away. The lighting is sweet. Hope you're ready to share some tips when you get back. Heh heh.

Jessica Massey Benton Lobdell said...

Christy, this photo is awesome. It looks like you are learning a lot at your internship. I would LOVE it if you would share some of what you learned when you get back. Keep up the good work.